As a Data Scientist within the National Climate Adaptation Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Working with researchers to summarize and package their data and metadata for dissemination.
- Using tools and standards to review and approve data and metadata, create digital identifiers, and create public friendly landing pages for the data.
- Working with a variety of researchers and staff to create a positive and productive working environment.
- Preparing presentations and briefings for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Providing regular feedback and status updates to leadership and researchers.
- Tracking and managing the status of all funded projects and update as needed based on any change in status.
- Working with sensitive data – including tribes and indigenous communities, threatened and endangered species, and social science data.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
Are There Any Special Requirements For This Position?
- This vacancy is limited to the first 150 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day this application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight Eastern Time of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement due to the applicant limit being reached. Supporting documents will not be accepted once the vacancy announcement closes.
- Because this position requires travel for official business, the selectee will be required to apply for a charge card within 30 calendar days of appointment. Individuals who have delinquent account balances from a previous Government charge card will be required to satisfy their existing obligation before a new card can be issued.
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
For more information see: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/620199000#duties