The department of Water Management is actively involved in AIdroLab (https://www.tudelft.nl/ai/aidrolab), TU Delft’s lab for AI research in resilient and sustainable water management. To strengthen our activities, we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Research Fellow focusing on applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science for the water sector. The successful candidate will be embedded in AIdroLab whilst providing support to the Urban Water Infrastructure (UWI) group.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research, education and other activities of AIdroLab and of the Department of Water Management starting from Spring 2022.
The key job responsibilities include:
- Research: Delivering high quality, internationally leading research in the field of data science and applied AI for the (urban) water sector. Potential research areas include, but are not limited to, advanced data analytics for smart water systems, development of AI and machine learning based models for urban water networks, adaptation of urban water systems to climate change, anomaly detection in water and wastewater systems and processes, asset management and cybersecurity of water (industrial) IoT systems.
- Education: Supervising MSc and BSc students doing their thesis work at AIdroLab; supporting the Department in the development and delivery of undergraduate and, especially, postgraduate taught courses, focusing on Data Science and applied Artificial Intelligence; preparing and assessing student projects, assignments, and exam papers.
The successful candidate need to have:
- A PhD or equivalent degree in applied artificial intelligence, computer science, civil engineering or related disciplines.
- Strong expertise in Deep Learning or Probabilistic Machine Learning, with a proven fluency of Python programming.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality research as evidenced in the publications record and otherwise.
- Strong independence, teamwork skills and a proactive attitude to work.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students, and external partners.
- Good understanding of the higher education environment, including diversity and inclusion values.
More information can be found here: https://www.tudelft.nl/over-tu-delft/werken-bij-tu-delft/vacatures/details?jobId=5682&jobTitle=Postdoc%20Research%20Fellow%20in%20Artificial%20Intelligence%20and%20Data%20Science%20for%20the%20Water%20Sector%20